Recipe 9 – Garlic Lime Chicken Fajitas (with Shrimp)

MY SCANNER WORKS!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAYYYY!!! coughcough. On to the recipe. =]

Walmart has these really cool little sets of spices you can buy, that come premeasured and with a recipe to use them in. I found one a few weeks ago for Garlic Lime Chicken Fajitas and decided to buy it. Last night, I cooked it and it was absolutely amazing – maybe my favorite thing I have cooked this whole semester.

First, I mixed the salt, spices, oil, lime and oranges juices in a bowl and stirred with a fork.

I cut up the chicken and then put it and the shrimp (just the frozen kind from walmart – be sure to dethaw first) in a large ziploc bag with the marinade. Then I put the bag in the fridge for about a half an hour.

Then, I dumped everything onto a skillet on the stove, cooking it on medium heat until it was clearly done cooking. The red peppers and onions had been cut and I added them the same time as the chicken/shrimp/marinade. I stirred it sometimes, but mostly just let a top on it to stay moist.

That’s all it took! I put it on a tortilla with sour cream, moz cheese, diced tomatoes, and lettuce and NOMNOMNOM it was done and delicious!!

There were only a few things I did differently than the directions. I read them wrong at one point about the marinade and didn’t keep 1/4 of it to the side to cook in, but it was still DELICIOUS. Obviously, I also added the shrimp.