Recipe 3 – Chicken Parm

Go from to

First, I opened the chicken and rinsed it off. I broke up and whisked an egg in a small bowl. The chicken was then dipped in the egg, and then rolled in a mix of the italian seasoning, garlic powder, and 3/4 cup of bread crumbs. I used Progresso Panko lemon pepper and it turned out wonderfully.

The chicken then went in a greased pan and stuck in the oven at 400* for about twenty minutes. I then took the chicken out, poured half a jar of Ragu Old World Style marinara sauce in the pan and covered the chicken in mozerella cheese.

The chicken then went back in the oven at 400* for another 15ish minutes. The cheese then came out a little overcooked, but I just added more mozzarella cheese on top that melted and then I couldn’t tell at all. I had meanwhile also made a half a box of angel hair pasta. Once it was all done, I got some pasta, added a piece of chicken and cheese, and scooped up some extra sauce. Delicious!

This meal was absolutely delicious both the first time and also reheated as leftovers. The original recipe (here) is from a food network magazine and I actually just halved it since I was cooking for two people. It made so much food, but I have had many tasty meals this week and so it was definitely okay! The chicken was a little dry, but that may have been just my preference – I like dark meat more anyway. My boyfriend likes white meat and he said he thought it was just fine. In the future, I would probably try to have smaller breasts so they don’t have to cook as long and therefore overcook the cheese. But I couldn’t really tell anyway. The lemon pepper coating was brilliantly delicious, especially mixed with the mozzarella. It did take about an hour and a half to make the chicken and the baked potatoes (see next post) and so it was a time intensive meal, but it was totally worth it.

As to the recipe, I didn’t change too much, except halving the recipe. Word! To see all the pictures I took while cooking, go here.