Back in the Game

Now I know what all the sympathetic faces from well-meaning people were for when I happily proclaimed “I’m moving over Christmas break!”

Boxes. Upon boxes. And then.

More.

There were also life-threatening stunts.

And then there’s the issue of what to do without blinds or curtains.

(okay, well that one wasn’t an issue for long)

Please don’t get me wrong– we’ve had oodles of fun and quite spirited laughter. Enough, even, to make this new house feel like home. If just for the 6 months of our lease agreement. That’s right, boxes and I might meet again very soon.

And I will say, with a nod, “Boxes. We meet again.” Mom, Dad, Luke, Emily, Steph, and I (and possible a more mobile Truett along with a posse of moving company men) will then bust a move on the heaps again.

This is not to say that I look forward to it, per se.

Honestly, it hasn’t been that bad. Especially because I am apparently able to sleep through the morning in the middle of the room that boxes are being stockpiled in. Useful life skill, folks. Also because, hey, boxes upon boxes of crap or not, I cannot lose sight of the privilege that is basic shelter.

But the moving thing is time consuming and brain zapping and that is why I’ve been a failure of a DS106 internaut alum for a solid month now.

Suffice it to say, I now understand the forewarning, pitying eyes.

And I’m back in the game.